The Engineering Drafting Technician for Wescon Controls LLC assists the Engineering Department in its daily operation. This position is responsible and accountable for ensuring the accuracy of all documents released from the engineering department. Duties include assignment of incoming request from Sales, Production, Quality and other all drafting personnel regarding documents. Documents include production prints, sketches for quoting, catalog, visual shop aids, Engineering Standards and MD manuals. As a Designer, works with Engineers to create 3D models for designs and applications to meet customer requirements.
Primary responsibilities of the role:
• Works with Sales Application Engineers and Implementation Engineer as a team to develop documents to support customer and manufacturing request.
• Assigns and/or performs incoming and outgoing request for Production Prints (SP#), Change Request (CR#), E.C.N., F.A.I.R., Q.D.R., and Miscellaneous documents.
• Checks all drawings according to Engineering Standards, in order that the drawings may have a high standard of excellence for document release procedures.
• Update and maintains Production Print viewer for Current drawings, T-drawings, Tool drawings, Customer Scanned drawings and Vendor drawings. Work with customer to resolve any issues relating to product print approval processes.
• Responsible for Catalog and Engineering Standard maintenance for accuracy of part numbers, technical information, general format, ease of reading and professionalism of the general layout.
• Creates Engineering Sketches as required. The sketches must be signed off by a Sales Application Engineer or Implementation Engineer before releasing to the appropriate department.
• Leader of weekly Engineering Change Notice meeting, as directed by engineering requested changes.
• Potential for supervisory responsibilities.
Education/ Certification / Experience Required:
• Graduate from Certified Drafting Program or BS in related Technical Degree in the management of engineering documents.
• Demonstrated ability in AutoCAD, Inventor 3-D and/or Pro-E software
• A thorough understanding of Windows Office operating systems.
Education/ Certification / Experience Preferred:
• Experience in drafting and document control using 3D model and 2D print layout.
• Design experience with assembly, sheet metal, die-casting, and plastic injection molded components
• Autodesk Certification
Skills & Knowledge Required:
• Good written and verbal communication skills; active listener
• Dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers
• Ability to establish & maintain effective, trusting relationships with customers and able to keep their expectations in mind
• Ability to sets goals & objectives and measures performance against goals and evaluate results
• Quality, quantity and timely delivery of outputs are consistently within project goals and customer requirements
• Conscientious in the allocation of resources; getting more things done with less
• Provides goods and services that consistently meet or exceed the standards and expectations of their customers
• An independent, self-starter
• A team player. Always helpful and willing to help others succeed
• Gets results because of excellence at planning, priority setting and execution
• Eagerly learns new skills and capabilities to improve and sets learning new skills a high priority.
To apply for this position, please follow the link below to apply online today:
Submit Your Resume